Thursday, April 22, 2010

One thing down.

Just a quick post to say I've finished carving all the keyblocks and letters for my Artists' Book. Excitement! It's all sintra again. The black is sharpie marker. I take a big chisel tipped one and see what kind of lines I just made right after I carve things. We'll see how well they print. Hopefully there's not too much unwanted noise.






Now I just have to get all the secondary color matrices done, make jigs for everything, do the xylene transfers for the text on the back, mix up seven colors of ink, print all these things, and put everything together in books. And that's just for this final project.
Also, the handmade paper dried to a pink color. I live in a small town, and don't have access to actual paper dye. After a cry and a visit with my professor, he said that if it wouldn't work it wouldn't work, and he wouldn't require my to use it. He also bought me some nice dark red paper to use in my covers. Adam is awesome. I'm gonna miss this school. Good thing I'm coming back next year.
See you next time, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment